STAR (Stewardship, Transparency, Accountability, Reporting) is an online dashboard powered by Cognos to provide Advancement and UC San Diego staff with access to financial information related to University private support gift funds (both Foundation and UC Regents). To access the STAR system, please use the link below.
- STAR training available via UC Learning. Search "STAR: UCSD Foundation and Regents Gift Fund System" and register.
- Please ensure you have the correct browser settings before you login to STAR.
- Use your AD network login credentials when prompted.
- When you login, you will be directed towards the following page:
- Updated Quick Reference Guide with instructions on how to adjust date parameters for your saved list (Page 9).
- Updated Donor/Gift Detail to remove adjustments from list.
- Added a Search link on the Dashboard to make it easier for users to navigate back to the Fund Search page.
- The ability to save fund lists is available.
- When printing a screen, please use the "Run PDF" link located in the top left of the navigation bar.
- The PDF functionality now properly formats all reports in STAR.
- Fund search box adjusts to fit entire fund title.
- Condensed search options onto one page. The advanced search options is now a drop down.
- New-look dashboard for easier viewing of funds. Fund type is now displayed.
- New report: Comprehensive Fund Detail – allows users to view monthly data in Excel
If you're having trouble accessing STAR, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include screenshots, the browser you're using, the time of day, and your phone #.